Help Or FAQs

While filling up the application form, refer to the guidelines for filling the application form.

  • descriptionAdmission Procedure.
    Admission Procedure
    Diploma: A candidate may be admitted into the Diploma programme of CIT in two ways. The candidate has to clear the CITEE-2018 entrance examination followed by counseling at CIT, Kokrajhar. The second way is to appear in Polytechnic Admission Test (PAT) 2018 conducted by Director, State Council for Technical Education (SCTE), Guwahati, Assam. The candidates appearing in PAT are to attend counseling called by SCTE whereby their eligibility would be verified and their admission forwarded to CIT, Kokrajhar. Out of the total seats, 85% of seats shall be filled up by the candidates qualified by CITEE-2018 and remaining 15% of seats shall be filled up by the candidates through PAT-2018 conducted by SCTE, Assam.
    B.Tech.(Direct): A candidate may be admitted into the first semester of B. Tech. programme of CIT in two ways. The candidate has to clear the CITDEE-2018 entrance examination followed by counseling at CIT, Kokrajhar. The second way is by applying and appearing in JEE (Main)-2018 conducted by CBSE, New Delhi. The JEE (Main)- 2018 candidates should separately apply to CIT, Kokrajhar and submit the JEE (Main) score cards to the Member Secretary, Admission Committee, within ten days of the declaration of the JEE (Main) results. A separate selected list will be prepared for JEE Page 11 of 75(Main) qualified candidates depending on the cutoff marks decided by the Admission Committee of the Institute. Candidates appearing for CITDEE-2018 may also submit their JEE (Main)scores to the Member Secretary, Admission Committee, CIT, mentioning CITDEE-018 Roll No/Application No. for consideration of their candidature for selection under the JEE (Main) qualified list. Out of the total seats, 60% of seats shall be filled up by the candidates qualified by CITDEE-2018 and remaining 40% of seats shall be filled up by the candidates through JEE (Main) 2018 conducted by CBSE, New Delhi.
    B.Tech.(Vertical/Lateral): Candidates who have passed from CIT in the current year having requisite qualifying marks should submit their application and would be admitted without any entrance examinations. Those candidates who have passed from CIT and did not get the qualifying marks for Vertical Entry and has qualifying marks for Lateral Entry should apply and appear in the CITLET-2018. Candidates who have passed Diploma from other AICTE/UGC recognized institutions have to apply and appear in CITLET-2018 for consideration of their candidature for admission into the third semester (second year) of B. Tech. programme under the Lateral Entry scheme.
    B.Des.(Direct): A candidate may be admitted into the first semester of B. Des. programme of CIT in two ways. The candidate has to clear the CITBDAT-2018 entrance examination followed by counseling at CIT, Kokrajhar. The second way is by applying and appearing in UCEED-2018 conducted by IIT BOMBAY. These candidates should also separately apply to CIT, Kokrajhar and submit the UCEED-2018 score cards to the Member Secretary, Admission Committee, within ten days of the declaration of the UCEED-2018 results.
    B. Des. (Vertical): Candidates who have passed 3 years diploma in Animation and Multimedia from CIT in the current year having requisite qualifying marks should submit their application and would be admitted without any entrance examinations.

    N. B.: The Admission Committee shall determine from time to time the percentage of marks/CGPA and other requirements for admission into various courses offered by the institute and are incorporated in the information brochure for admission into different diploma/degree programmers’.

  • descriptionSelection Process
    Selection Process
    The selection of aspiring candidates for admission shall be based on their performance in the respective Entrance Examinations. However, the candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria of essential Educational Qualification and Age Limit. The selection Page 12 of 75will be based on merit separately for all regions and reservation categories. Candidates who fail to furnish the proofs for their claims in respect of reservation of seat pertaining to region and category shall not be considered.
    A single merit/ranking list would be prepared based on the performance of the candidates in the Entrance examination. The ranking for CITEE-2018 will depend on the total marks obtained in the Entrance exam, then in the order of individual marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English, in cases whereby the total marks obtained is same. The ranking for CITDEE-2018 will depend on the total marks obtained in the Entrance exam, then in the order of individual marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English, in cases whereby the total marks obtained is same. The ranking for CITLET-2018 will depend on the total marks obtained in Paper I and Paper II, then in the order of marks obtained in Paper II and Paper I. Again, for Paper I, the order of preference will be as- Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English.
    Those candidates who have already appeared in CITDEE-2018 and are seeking admission through JEE Main 2018 scores must submit their score cards to Member Secretary by Speed Post/Email (scanned copy) within 10 days of declaration of JEE Main 2018 results mentioning clearly the CITDEE-2018 Roll No/Application Form number.
    Those candidates who have not appeared CITDEE-2018 and are seeking admission through JEE Main scores must buy the application form of CIT or apply online and print the filled up form and submit it along with their JEE Main score cards to Member Secretary by Speed Post/Email (scanned copy) within 10 days of declaration of JEE Main results. Online application form should accompany with the fess receipt paid through SBI E-Collect.
  • announcementHow to apply?
    OFFLINE MODE:

    The application form should be properly filled in original and submitted to "THE MEMBER SECRETARY, ADMISSION COMMITTEE, CIT, KOKRAJHAR, BTAD, ASSAM-783370”, by registered/speed/general post on or before 18th April, 2018. However, the duly filled application form may also be submitted to the ÁDMISSION CELL, CIT, KOKRAJHAR by hand on or before the last date. Application forms received or submitted after the last date shall be rejected. Application form can be obtained from the selling centres by paying Rs 1000/- (Rupees one thousand only) for GEN/OBC candidates and Rs 500/- (Rupees five hundred only) for SC/ST/PWD.

    ONLINE MODE:

    For Online Mode, candidates may fill the application form through our online portal by visiting the website: www.admission.cit.ac.in. Candidates need to print and send a hard copy of the online application form to “THE MEMBER SECRETARY, ADMISSION COMMITTEE, CIT, KOKRAJHAR, BTAD, ASSAM-783370” , by registered/speed/general post on or before 25th April, 2018. The form should accompany with the entrance examination fees receipt paid through SBI, E-Collect.

    Step I. Login/Register with your email. An account verification link will be sent to your eamil. On successful verification of your account, the applicant will be able to fill their application form.
    Step II. Fill your application form. Go through the information brochure before filling the application form.
    Step III. At this step applicant will be allowed to make any changes to the information provided in step II. After the final submission no changes can be made.
    Step IV. Applicant need to update payment details like (Reference Number) after making payment through SBI Collect.
    Step V. Applicant will be redirected to a successful page, where he/she can print their form.
  • credit_cardEntrance Examination Fees. How to make Payment?
    Entrance Examination Fees
    The candidates applying for the Entrance Exam through Offline Mode need not submit any entrance examination fees (the price of Information Brochure is inclusive of entrance Examination fees) . However, the candidates applying through Online Mode from CIT website must submit an e-payment receipt of Rs.1000/-(One thousand only) for GEN/OBC candidates and Rs.500/-(Four hundred only) for SC/ST/PWD. Printed E- payment receipt should be sent along with the application form.

    N. B.: The Institute will not be responsible for postal delay and incomplete application form will be summarily rejected. Application fees are non-refundable.



    Follow the steps below to make your payment.
    Step I. Go to the Online Payment navigation tab. You will be redirected to the SBI Collect page.
    Step II. Select State & Institute type as Assam and Education Institution respectively.
    Step II. Select Institute as Central Institute of Technology.
    Step III. Select payment category.
    • For (B.Tech, B.Desh) Direct/Lateral/Vertical GEN,OBC Entrance fee is Rs. 1000/-
    • For (B.Tech, B.Desh) Direct/Lateral/Vertical SC,ST Entrance fee is Rs. 500/-
    • For (Diploma) Direct/Lateral/Vertical GEN,OBC Entrance fee is Rs. 1000/-
    • For (Diploma) Direct/Lateral/Vertical SC,ST Entrance fee is Rs. 500/-
  • descriptionHow to download examination hall ticket?
    The admit card shall be issued online by the institute in the first week of May 2018. The admit card can be downloaded from the CIT admission website by entering the application form no. & the registered mobile number.